How you write your OKRs can make a huge difference on the impact that your team will have at the end of the quarter. But, it's not always easy to write a quarterly plan that focuses on outcomes instead of projects.
That's why we have created a list of OKRs examples for SaaS to help. You can use any of the templates below as a starting point to write your own goals.
Examples of OKRs for SaaS
You'll find Objectives and Key Results for SaaS, but our examples may also include the tasks that can help you get there.
You'll find 8 OKRs examples for SaaS below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
- Get amazing improvements in our onboarding process
- Increase the number of trials/week from 20 to 35
- Display clear CTAs to help non-admins request upgrades
- Add 5 clear upgrade paths for users
- Increase week-1 activation rate from 55% to 65%
- Identify drop-offs
- Instrument activation funnel in Amplitude
- Tackle top 5 low-hanging fruits to improve onboarding
- Reduce trials churn from 46% to 30%
- Implement fixes following feedback
- Talk to 20 churned customers to understand what went wrong
- Create a solid growth engine
- Increase weekly leads by 30%
- We're getting 0.1 leads/active customer/week
- 30% of new leads start a trial
- Build an amazing user experience
- Increase the number of weekly active users from 8k to 10k
- Implement the equivalent of 100 votes in features
- Identify top voted feature requests
- Improve our NPS from 50 to 75
- Reach out to 10 low NPS scores to understand their frustrations
- Paid Marketing is a new channel for leads growth
- 20% of new leads come from paid acquistion
- Generate $10K MRR from paid acquisition channels
- Bring Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC) down to $500
- Develop a new in-product referrals program
- Improve onboarding of referred users to keep conversion above 40%
- Get 3 referrals per customers on average across all accounts
- Identify opportunities for network effects
- Get 60% of new customer accounts to refer at least one other customer
- Add referral step in the onboarding drip feed
- Create incentive to reward customers for referring users
- Streamline onboarding and improve our user journey
- Increase the number of user invites sent during onboarding by 8%
- Reduce trial abandonment from 20% to 12%
- 90% of new sign-ups get through the entire onboarding flow
- Improve trial to paid conversion by 12%
- Create a successful MVP
- Our NPS is above 40 with early adopters
- Identify and solve top 5 improvement requests
- Sign up for Wootric to get NPS feedback
- Our 8-week retention rate is above 30%
- 60% of users complete their onboarding process
- Accelerate momentum with user referrals
- Increase weekly in-app referrals from 1.5 to 2.5/week
- Add referral link in footer of weekly customer comms
- Improve visibility of referral actions
- Publish 5 case studies from top customers
- Identify top 10 customers for case studies
- Secure 5 interviews
- Secure 20 new G2 reviews score 4+ stars
- Contact 40 users scoring us NPS 9+ and ask for a review
Not seeing what you need?
You can get a free custom-made template in 24h (no sign-up required).
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your SaaS OKRs.
OKRs without regular progress updates are just KPIs. You'll need to update progress on your OKRs every week to get the full benefits from the framework.
Spreadsheets are enough to get started. Then, once you need to scale you can use a proper OKRs-tracking platform to make things easier.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.