OKRs are quickly gaining popularity as a goal-setting framework. But, it's not always easy to know how to write your goals, especially if it's your first time using OKRs.
We've tailored a list of OKRs examples for Growth to help you. You can look at any of the templates below to get some inspiration for your own goals.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
Examples of OKRs for Growth
The examples have Growth Objectives and Key Results, but they may also include the tasks that can help you get there.
You'll find 13 OKRs examples for Growth below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
OKRs to land and expand through product stickiness
- Land and expand through product stickiness
- Reduce churn rate by 50%
- Double our ARPC(Average revenue per customer)
- Increase NPS rating by 10
- Improve results of Onboarding survey by 25%
OKRs to increase community engagement
- Ensure deep community engagement with existing members
- Attendance: 60% of members are attending our regular meetups
- Churn: no more than 10% churn rate of members cancelling their subscriptions
- Activity: 10 Slack posts per week from members
- Referrals: 3 new referrals coming from existing members each week
OKRs to enter the US market
- Shift our sales effort to focus on the US market
- Recruit 10 sales partners in the US
- Create partnership resources and templates
- Create outreach script
- Identify 50 potential partners
- Generate a pipeline of $500K in the US
- Get a list of 1,000 companies to qualify
- Recruit new SDRs
- Create sales playbook for the US market
- 20% of new sales come from the US
- Develop a strong voice in the US
- 20% of the Marketing Qualified Leads are coming from the US
- Attend 3 conferences in America
- Organize 10 webinars for the US audience
- Create a list of 30 tiers-1 guests for our webinars
OKRs to get a solid growth engine
- Create a solid growth engine
- Increase weekly leads by 30%
- We're getting 0.1 leads/active customer/week
- 30% of new leads start a trial
OKRs to develop paid acquisition channels
- Paid Marketing is a new channel for leads growth
- 20% of new leads come from paid acquistion
- Generate $10K MRR from paid acquisition channels
- Bring Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC) down to $500
OKRs to generate significant growth through Content Marketing
- Increase brand awareness through engagement with industry thought leaders
- Secure five published interviews on industry websites
- Co-publish a thought leadership white paper with leading analyst
- Improve blog readership
- Increase the number of shared blogs across platforms by 25%
- Identify CTA sharing placements on all websites
- Boost blog subscribers by 30%
OKRs to develop a new in-product referrals program
- Develop a new in-product referrals program
- Improve onboarding of referred users to keep conversion above 40%
- Get 3 referrals per customers on average across all accounts
- Identify opportunities for network effects
- Get 60% of new customer accounts to refer at least one other customer
- Add referral step in the onboarding drip feed
- Create incentive to reward customers for referring users
OKRs to help customers expand usage faster
- Help customers expand faster
- 25% of new customers expand to 5+ users in their first week.
- Include step to invite team in the onboarding process
- Add domain sharing marketing email to the drip feed
- 60% of customers have turned on the team domain sharing
- Publish post explaining the benefits of using the platform with a team
- Run special marketing campaign to increase activation
OKRs to reach $100,000 ARR in app stores without paid marketing
- Achieve $100K ARR through organic traffic
- Triple installs thanks to localization
- Localize title, subtitles, screenshots, description and keywords
- Increase revenue growth by 60%
- A/B test screenshots on Google Play
- Sign up for App Store Optimization tool (https://appradar.com/)
- A/B test screenshots and icons on App StoreS
- Survey users to understand their core keywords
OKRs to boost customer acquisition
- Increase customer acquisition
- Increase number of customer sign-ups by 30%
- Develop content to engage potential customers.
- Offer incentives for customers to sign up.
- Increase visibility of sign-up process on website.
- Create an email marketing campaign to target potential customers.
- Increase customer lifetime value by 20%
- Create targeted email campaigns with personalized content.
- Develop a loyalty program for existing customers.
- Offer special discounts and promotions to existing customers.
- Increase customer service response times.
OKRs to enable a better sales process
- Turn sales into an efficient growth engine
- Reduce Customer Acquisition Costs from $740 to $350
- Increase inbound sales by 30%
- Reduce the sales cycle from 9 to 3 months
OKRs to encourage user referrals
- Accelerate momentum with user referrals
- Increase weekly in-app referrals from 1.5 to 2.5/week
- Add referral link in footer of weekly customer comms
- Improve visibility of referral actions
- Publish 5 case studies from top customers
- Identify top 10 customers for case studies
- Secure 5 interviews
- Secure 20 new G2 reviews score 4+ stars
- Contact 40 users scoring us NPS 9+ and ask for a review
OKRs to develop a winning sales strategy
- Develop a winning sales strategy
- Improve the cross-sell ration by 15%
- Achieve net sales of $12M
- Reduce customer churn rate from 35% to 15%
- Increase revenue/sales staff from $1.2k to $2k
- Increase the Average Revenue Per Unit (ARPU) to $275
Not seeing what you need?
You can use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your OKRs for Growth.
OKRs without regular progress updates are just KPIs. You'll need to update progress on your OKRs every week to get the full benefits from the framework.
We recommend using a spreadsheet for your first OKRs cycle. You'll need to get familiar with the scoring and tracking first. Then, you can scale your OKRs process by using a proper OKRs-tracking tool for it.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.
- To learn: Complete 2022 OKRs guide for Startups
- To implement: Flowing OKRs: 14 rules to simplify OKRs
- Blog posts: ODT Blog
- Success metrics: Success metrics examples