Writing good OKRs can be hard, especially if it's your first time doing it. You'll need to center the focus of your plans around outcomes instead of projects.
We have a collection of OKRs examples for Startups to give you some inspiration. You can use any of the templates below as a starting point for your OKRs.
Examples of OKRs for Startups
We've added Startups Objectives and Key Results, but also the initiatives that relate to the OKRs.
You'll find 12 OKRs examples for Startups below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
- Achieve next level customer love ❤️
- Get 15 new 5-star ratings on G2 Crowd
- Reach out to users high NPS feedback asking for review
- Reduce the number of weekly support tickets by 50%
- Create a self serve documentation portal
- Improve the NPS score from 12 to 20
- Create a list of 15 highly requested features to implement
- Be on track for Seed funding
- Reach $200k ARR
- Show a 3x year-on-year revenue growth
- Get amazing improvements in our onboarding process
- Increase the number of trials/week from 20 to 35
- Display clear CTAs to help non-admins request upgrades
- Add 5 clear upgrade paths for users
- Increase week-1 activation rate from 55% to 65%
- Identify drop-offs
- Instrument activation funnel in Amplitude
- Tackle top 5 low-hanging fruits to improve onboarding
- Reduce trials churn from 46% to 30%
- Implement fixes following feedback
- Talk to 20 churned customers to understand what went wrong
- Create a solid growth engine
- Increase weekly leads by 30%
- We're getting 0.1 leads/active customer/week
- 30% of new leads start a trial
- Build an amazing user experience
- Increase the number of weekly active users from 8k to 10k
- Implement the equivalent of 100 votes in features
- Identify top voted feature requests
- Improve our NPS from 50 to 75
- Reach out to 10 low NPS scores to understand their frustrations
- Develop a new in-product referrals program
- Improve onboarding of referred users to keep conversion above 40%
- Get 3 referrals per customers on average across all accounts
- Identify opportunities for network effects
- Get 60% of new customer accounts to refer at least one other customer
- Add referral step in the onboarding drip feed
- Create incentive to reward customers for referring users
- Deliver an amazing experience to customers
- Reduce time-to-completion of documentation projects by 30%
- Reduce the number of documentation defects by 25%
- Increase NPS from 0 to 30
- Create an incredible growth funnel
- Build a pipeline of $200K
- Increase average contract value by 20%
- Increase win/rate percentage by 30%
- Help customers expand faster
- 25% of new customers expand to 5+ users in their first week.
- Include step to invite team in the onboarding process
- Add domain sharing marketing email to the drip feed
- 60% of customers have turned on the team domain sharing
- Publish post explaining the benefits of using the platform with a team
- Run special marketing campaign to increase activation
- Create a successful MVP
- Our NPS is above 40 with early adopters
- Identify and solve top 5 improvement requests
- Sign up for Wootric to get NPS feedback
- Our 8-week retention rate is above 30%
- 60% of users complete their onboarding process
- Accelerate momentum with user referrals
- Increase weekly in-app referrals from 1.5 to 2.5/week
- Add referral link in footer of weekly customer comms
- Improve visibility of referral actions
- Publish 5 case studies from top customers
- Identify top 10 customers for case studies
- Secure 5 interviews
- Secure 20 new G2 reviews score 4+ stars
- Contact 40 users scoring us NPS 9+ and ask for a review
- Launch a successful MVP
- Achieve a NPS score above 40
- Fix core issues mentioned in surveys
- Send NPS surveys to all users
- Convert 5 existing customers to paid
- Launch pricing plans
- Integrate with Stripe
- We have 100 weekly active users
- Implement core features
- Onboard users
- Build a landing page to recruit beta users
- Be on track for Series A funding
- Show a 3x year-on-year revenue growth
- Reach $1.5M ARR
Not seeing what you need?
You can get a free custom-made template in 24h (no sign-up required).
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your OKRs for Startups.
OKRs without regular progress updates are just KPIs. You'll need to update progress on your OKRs every week to get the full benefits from the framework.
Spreadsheets are enough to get started. Then, once you need to scale you can use a proper OKRs-tracking platform to make things easier.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.