How you write your OKRs can make a huge difference on the impact that your team will have at the end of the quarter. But, it's not always easy to write a quarterly plan that focuses on outcomes instead of projects.
We've tailored a list of OKRs examples for HR to help you. You can look at any of the templates below to get some inspiration for your own goals.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
Examples of OKRs for HR
We've added HR Objectives and Key Results, but also the initiatives that relate to the OKRs.
You'll find 11 OKRs examples for HR below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
OKRs to be the employer of choice in our industry
- Become the employer of choice in our industry
- Reduce Time to Fill (TTF) from 60 days to 45 days
- Reduce Cost per Hire from $1.5K to $900
- Improve Employee Engagement Score from 75% to 85%
- Improve Diversity Ratio (M/F) to 50:50
- Increase Employee Retention Rate from 45% to 70%
OKRs to become the best place to work
- Become the best place to work in the country
- Interview 20% of the company to identify ways to improve
- Schedule interviews with 20% of the team
- Create anonymous feedback survey
- Achieve a employee NPS score of 50
- Get all managers to implement weekly 1:1s with their team
- Identify and solve top 10 issues within the org
OKRs to improve employee training
- Create an amazing Continuous Eduction program\
- 10% of IT budget has been spent on training, books, or online courses
- Run 12 lunch & learn sessions this quarter
- 70% of employees have used someof their training budget
OKRs to get better engagement and employee satisfaction
- Improve employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Increase employee satisfaction survey score by 10%.
- Increase employee engagement survey score by 10%.
- Increase employee referrals by 25%.
- Increase employee retention rate by 5%.
OKRs to roll out employee benefits
- Strengthen gratification of employee benefits
- Roll-out benefits above industry standards (0-100%)
- 70% of employees have opted in for at least 1 of our programs
- Improve score from 6 to 8 for the 'employee benefits' section on satisfaction surveys
OKRs to improve employee wellbeing
- Develop a strong program that helps employee achieve great work/life balance
- Conduct interviews with 20 employees to identify opportunities for improvement
- 80% of employees have enrolled in the new wellness program
- Develop 8 wellness options for employees
OKRs to build a superb employee onboarding program
- Build a world-class employee onboarding program
- Reduce service desks enquiries from new hires in week-1 by 20%
- 100% of new recruits have their workstation setup on day 1
- 80% of new hires manage to complete their onboarding checklist in the first 30 days.
- Improve onboarding satisfaction score from 70% to 90%
OKRs to improve employee feedback
- Scale our ability to gather feedback from the team
- Simplify the internal blogging process from 5 to 2 steps
- Establish employee satisfaction score baseline with monthly
- Host 6 social or motivational events in line with employee selections
OKRs to build an efficient hiring pipeline
- Improve the employee onboarding process
- Reduce the average lead to hire period from 40 to 25 days
- 30 interviews with recent hires to gather feedback on the onboarding
- 90% of offers are accepted
OKRs to improve employee retention
- Increase Employee Retention
- Reduce employee turnover rate by 8%
- Increase employee satisfaction score by 10%
- Increase employee referrals by 15%
- Increase employee engagement by 25%
OKRs to boost talent retention
- Increase Employee Retention
- Create an employee recognition program
- Select a method of recognizing employees who meet the criteria.
- Set goals and criteria for employee recognition.
- Identify a reward system for employees who meet the criteria.
- Create a system for tracking employee recognition.
- Increase employee retention rate by 15%
- Create an engaging work environment.
- Develop a competitive benefits package.
- Establish a career growth plan.
- Implement regular performance reviews.
- Increase employee satisfaction ratings by 25%
- Create a list of actionable items to improve employee satisfaction.
- Monitor employee satisfaction ratings and make adjustments as needed.
- Survey employees to gain insight into their satisfaction levels.
- Implement a system to track employee satisfaction ratings.
Not seeing what you need?
You can use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your OKRs for HR.
The rules of OKRs are simple. Quarterly OKRs should be tracked weekly, and yearly OKRs should be tracked monthly.
Spreadsheets are enough to get started. Then, once you need to scale you can use a proper OKRs-tracking platform to make things easier.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.
- To learn: Complete 2022 OKRs guide for Startups
- To implement: Flowing OKRs: 14 rules to simplify OKRs
- Blog posts: ODT Blog
- Success metrics: Success metrics examples