How you write your OKRs can make a huge difference on the impact that your team will have at the end of the quarter. But, it's not always easy to write a quarterly plan that focuses on outcomes instead of projects.
That's why we have created a list of OKRs examples for Sales to help. You can use any of the templates below as a starting point to write your own goals.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
Examples of OKRs for Sales
The examples have Sales Objectives and Key Results, but they may also include the tasks that can help you get there.
You'll find 11 OKRs examples for Sales below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
OKRs to hit revenue milestones
- Achieve $5,000,000 in quarterly revenue
- Increase MRR from $1.5M to $1.8M
- Successfully expand revenue to EU market with $50K MRR coming from Europe
- Achieve 30% upsell to existing customers
OKRs to expand Sales to a new region
- Expand revenue in Europe
- Recruit 10 resellers in Europe
- 10% of new sales are coming from EU customers
- Generate a pipeline of $500K in Europe
OKRs to grow sales effort in new markets
- Develop a strong presence in <country>
- Achieve 25K MRR in <country>
- 25% of new sales come from <country>
- 10 of top 100 companies in <country> are customers
OKRs to enter the US market
- Shift our sales effort to focus on the US market
- Recruit 10 sales partners in the US
- Create partnership resources and templates
- Create outreach script
- Identify 50 potential partners
- Generate a pipeline of $500K in the US
- Get a list of 1,000 companies to qualify
- Recruit new SDRs
- Create sales playbook for the US market
- 20% of new sales come from the US
- Develop a strong voice in the US
- 20% of the Marketing Qualified Leads are coming from the US
- Attend 3 conferences in America
- Organize 10 webinars for the US audience
- Create a list of 30 tiers-1 guests for our webinars
OKRs to increase sales through channel partners
- Make channel partners a significant part of our success
- Get $120,000 in ARR through channel partners
- Recruit 25 new channels partners in US and EU
- Generate $20,000 in revenue for partners through our affiliate program
OKRs to build an Enterprise Sales effort
- Become a compelling offer for large and Enterprise customers
- Sign 15 Enterprise customers with ACV >$60,000
- Recruit 3 Enterprise Sales specialists
- Generate $3M in qualified Enterprise leads
OKRs to improve consulting services
- Deliver an amazing experience to customers
- Reduce time-to-completion of documentation projects by 30%
- Reduce the number of documentation defects by 25%
- Increase NPS from 0 to 30
- Create an incredible growth funnel
- Build a pipeline of $200K
- Increase average contract value by 20%
- Increase win/rate percentage by 30%
OKRs to enable a better sales process
- Turn sales into an efficient growth engine
- Reduce Customer Acquisition Costs from $740 to $350
- Increase inbound sales by 30%
- Reduce the sales cycle from 9 to 3 months
OKRs to develop a winning sales strategy
- Develop a winning sales strategy
- Improve the cross-sell ration by 15%
- Achieve net sales of $12M
- Reduce customer churn rate from 35% to 15%
- Increase revenue/sales staff from $1.2k to $2k
- Increase the Average Revenue Per Unit (ARPU) to $275
OKRs to increase the number of sales meetings
- Increase the number of sales meetings
- Increase the total number of sales leads by 40%.
- Increase the total number of sales meetings by 30%.
- Reduce the average time to close a sale by 30%.
OKRs to triple our revenue growth
- Tripe our revenue growth
- Increase revenue by 200%
- Find 2 new channels to acquire customers
- Evaluate pricing strategies
- Increase sales and marketing efforts
- Analyze current revenue sources to identify channels to invest in
- Increase the average order value by 15%
- Analyze current purchasing behaviors and identify areas for improvement
- Develop strategies to entice customers to purchase more items in one order
- Create special offers and discounts to encourage larger orders
- Track progress and refine strategies as needed
- Increase conversion rate by 10%
- Analyze current sales funnel to identify areas for improvement
- Implement targeted A/B testing to test changes to the user experience
- Evaluate user experience to ensure it is optimized for conversion
- Monitor and measure conversion rate to track progress and adjust strategy
Not seeing what you need?
You can use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your OKRs for Sales.
The rules of OKRs are simple. Quarterly OKRs should be tracked weekly, and yearly OKRs should be tracked monthly.
Most teams should start with a spreadsheet if they're using OKRs for the first time. Then, once you get comfortable you can graduate to a proper OKRs-tracking tool.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.
- To learn: Complete 2022 OKRs guide for Startups
- To implement: Flowing OKRs: 14 rules to simplify OKRs
- Blog posts: ODT Blog
- Success metrics: Success metrics examples