How you write your OKRs can make a huge difference on the impact that your team will have at the end of the quarter. But, it's not always easy to write a quarterly plan that focuses on outcomes instead of projects.
We've tailored a list of OKRs examples for Onboarding to help you. You can look at any of the templates below to get some inspiration for your own goals.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
Examples of OKRs for Onboarding
You'll find Objectives and Key Results for Onboarding, but our examples may also include the tasks that can help you get there.
You'll find 3 OKRs examples for Onboarding below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
OKRs to improve self-serve onboarding
- Our users can onboard the product by themselves with success
- 70% of new leads complete their activation process on their first day
- Add sample data to customer instances on load
- Add in-product help to guide users through the onboarding
- 80% of our users are satisfied with the onboarding
- Add onboarding satisfaction survey to the drip feed
- We have 10 tutorials covering core parts of the product
OKRs to drastically improve onboarding and activation
- Get amazing improvements in our onboarding process
- Increase the number of trials/week from 20 to 35
- Display clear CTAs to help non-admins request upgrades
- Add 5 clear upgrade paths for users
- Increase week-1 activation rate from 55% to 65%
- Identify drop-offs
- Instrument activation funnel in Amplitude
- Tackle top 5 low-hanging fruits to improve onboarding
- Reduce trials churn from 46% to 30%
- Implement fixes following feedback
- Talk to 20 churned customers to understand what went wrong
OKRs to improve user onboarding
- Streamline onboarding and improve our user journey
- Increase the number of user invites sent during onboarding by 8%
- Reduce trial abandonment from 20% to 12%
- 90% of new sign-ups get through the entire onboarding flow
- Improve trial to paid conversion by 12%
Not seeing what you need?
You can use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your Onboarding OKRs.
OKRs without regular progress updates are just KPIs. You'll need to update progress on your OKRs every week to get the full benefits from the framework.
Most teams should start with a spreadsheet if they're using OKRs for the first time. Then, once you get comfortable you can graduate to a proper OKRs-tracking tool.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.
- To learn: Complete 2022 OKRs guide for Startups
- To implement: Flowing OKRs: 14 rules to simplify OKRs
- Blog posts: ODT Blog
- Success metrics: Success metrics examples