How you write your OKRs can make a huge difference on the impact that your team will have at the end of the quarter. But, it's not always easy to write a quarterly plan that focuses on outcomes instead of projects.
We've tailored a list of OKRs examples for Retention to help you. You can look at any of the templates below to get some inspiration for your own goals.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
Examples of OKRs for Retention
You'll find Objectives and Key Results for Retention, but our examples may also include the tasks that can help you get there.
You'll find 2 OKRs examples for Retention below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
OKRs to get better user retention
- Increase customer retention
- Increase customer satisfaction score by 20%
- Develop a customer satisfaction survey
- Implement customer service training for employees
- Analyze customer feedback to identify areas of improvement
- Increase customer retention rate by 30%
- Implement a loyalty program
- Track customer feedback and identify areas for improvement
- Offer discounts and incentives to retain customers
- Monitor customer churn rate and take corrective action
- Increase weekly active users from 100 to 150/week
- Implement changes to increase user retention.
- Develop strategies to encourage more user engagement.
- Analyze user behavior to identify areas of improvement.
- Monitor user activity and adjust strategies accordingly.
OKRs to boost talent retention
- Increase Employee Retention
- Create an employee recognition program
- Select a method of recognizing employees who meet the criteria.
- Set goals and criteria for employee recognition.
- Identify a reward system for employees who meet the criteria.
- Create a system for tracking employee recognition.
- Increase employee retention rate by 15%
- Create an engaging work environment.
- Develop a competitive benefits package.
- Establish a career growth plan.
- Implement regular performance reviews.
- Increase employee satisfaction ratings by 25%
- Create a list of actionable items to improve employee satisfaction.
- Monitor employee satisfaction ratings and make adjustments as needed.
- Survey employees to gain insight into their satisfaction levels.
- Implement a system to track employee satisfaction ratings.
Not seeing what you need?
You can use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your Retention OKRs.
OKRs without regular progress updates are just KPIs. You'll need to update progress on your OKRs every week to get the full benefits from the framework.
Spreadsheets are enough to get started. Then, once you need to scale you can use a proper OKRs-tracking platform to make things easier.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.
- To learn: Complete 2022 OKRs guide for Startups
- To implement: Flowing OKRs: 14 rules to simplify OKRs
- Blog posts: ODT Blog
- Success metrics: Success metrics examples