OKRs are quickly gaining popularity as a goal-setting framework. But, it's not always easy to know how to write your goals, especially if it's your first time using OKRs.
We've tailored a list of OKRs examples for Operations to help you. You can look at any of the templates below to get some inspiration for your own goals.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
Examples of OKRs for Operations
We've added Operations Objectives and Key Results, but also the initiatives that relate to the OKRs.
You'll find 3 OKRs examples for Operations below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
OKRs to provide an awesome support experience
- Be known for having legendary support
- Improve CSAT from 70% to 85%
- Write FAQ for top 20 questions asked by users
- Reduce first response time to 1h
- Connect support channels to Slack
- Have a clear rotation of on-support calls
- Improve average resolution time to be under 5h
- Adopt a clear escalation process to get faster help from devs
- Create internal knowledge base for common issue
OKRs to improve team efficiency
- Create a internal system for knowledge sharing
- Create 25 internal articles for knowledge sharing
- Run 5 internal workshops on better communication or collaboration
- Team completed 40 total hours of video courses
OKRs to achieve record profitability
- Make our org the most profitable, ever
- Improve Operating Margin by 45%
- Improve Gross Profit Margin (GPM) to 65%
- Achieve working capital turnover ratio of 2
- Reduce Operating Expense ration from 80% to 70%
- Decrease Cost of Capital (COC) by 10%
Not seeing what you need?
You can use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your Operations OKRs.
OKRs without regular progress updates are just KPIs. You'll need to update progress on your OKRs every week to get the full benefits from the framework.
Most teams should start with a spreadsheet if they're using OKRs for the first time. Then, once you get comfortable you can graduate to a proper OKRs-tracking tool.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.
- To learn: Complete 2022 OKRs guide for Startups
- To implement: Flowing OKRs: 14 rules to simplify OKRs
- Blog posts: ODT Blog
- Success metrics: Success metrics examples