OKRs examples for Operations
OKRs are quickly gaining popularity as a goal-setting framework. But, it's not always easy to know how to write your goals, especially if it's your first time using OKRs.
We've tailored a list of OKRs examples for Operations to help you. You can look at any of the templates below to get some inspiration for your own goals.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
How to use these templates?
OKRs without regular progress updates are just KPIs. You'll need to update progress on your OKRs every week to get the full benefits from the framework.
Most teams should start with a spreadsheet if they're using OKRs for the first time. Then, once you get comfortable you can graduate to a proper OKRs-tracking tool.
We recommend Tability for an easy way to set and track OKRs with your team.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Operations OKRs templates
We've added Operations Objectives and Key Results, but also the initiatives that relate to the OKRs.
- Seek and secure a leadership role within the company
- Obtain cross-functional training in at least two other departments
- Identify two departments to receive cross-functional training in
- Request cross-functional training approval from respective department heads
- Begin scheduled training sessions with selected departments
- Implement a feedback system for continuous learning and leadership growth
- Identify key performance indicators for leadership qualities
- Educate leaders on interpreting and applying feedback
- Design a system for regular performance feedback
- Lead a high-impact project related to key business objectives
- Identify key business objectives and project alignment
- Develop, execute and monitor a high-impact project plan
- Assemble a high-performing, cross-functional team
- Increase system uptime
- Improve system redundancy and failover capabilities
- Use load balancing to distribute traffic across multiple servers
- Create backup systems in different geographic locations
- Regularly test failover and recovery processes
- Implement automated failover mechanisms
- Implement proactive system monitoring
- Regularly review system metrics and identify areas for improvement
- Define and create alerts for critical system events
- Develop a process for reviewing and responding to alerts
- Set up monitoring tools for infrastructure
- Increase system performance by 25%
- Upgrade hardware and software components as per audit recommendations
- Conduct a system audit to identify bottlenecks and inefficient processes
- Optimize system settings and configurations to reduce resource consumption
- Implement a system monitoring and alert system to minimize downtime
- Decrease unplanned downtime by 50%
- Conduct regular equipment inspections
- Increase spare parts inventory
- Improve operator training on equipment maintenance
- Implement predictive maintenance program
- Expand the business by scaling the team with quality personnel
- Hire and onboard 3 experienced sales executives
- Enhance team diversity by 20% via targeted recruitment strategy
- Reduce time-to-fill open positions by 50% through process improvement
- Recruit and integrate 2 seasoned marketing specialists
- Create a internal system for knowledge sharing
- Create 25 internal articles for knowledge sharing
- Run 5 internal workshops on better communication or collaboration
- Team completed 40 total hours of video courses
- Make our org the most profitable, ever
- Improve Operating Margin by 45%
- Improve Gross Profit Margin (GPM) to 65%
- Achieve working capital turnover ratio of 2
- Reduce Operating Expense ration from 80% to 70%
- Decrease Cost of Capital (COC) by 10%
- Be known for having legendary support
- Improve CSAT from 70% to 85%
- Write FAQ for top 20 questions asked by users
- Reduce first response time to 1h
- Connect support channels to Slack
- Have a clear rotation of on-support calls
- Improve average resolution time to be under 5h
- Adopt a clear escalation process to get faster help from devs
- Create internal knowledge base for common issue
Need more OKR examples?
Option 1: Use AI to generate OKRs
Try our OKRs generator, or use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
Option 2: Check out other examples
We have more templates to help you draft your team goals and OKRs.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.