Project Managers OKRs
OKRs are quickly gaining popularity as a goal-setting framework. But, it's not always easy to know how to write your goals, especially if it's your first time using OKRs.
We've tailored a list of OKRs examples for Project Managers to help you. You can look at any of the templates below to get some inspiration for your own goals.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
Examples of OKRs for Project Managers
We've added Project Managers Objectives and Key Results, but also the initiatives that relate to the OKRs.
You'll find 6 OKRs examples for Project Managers below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
OKRs to keep a long-running project on track
- The ACH Payment project is on track for next quarter
- We have achieve our 4 main development milestones
- Milestone 1: UX Design completed
- Milestone 4: We have enrolled 10 beta customers on ACH
- Milestone 2: Backend API is functional and tested
- Milestone 3: ACH payment is wired to the UI (internal)
- We have completed 25 transactions on the internal beta
- We have completed 20 UX testing sessions
OKRs to improve project delivery margins while keeping existing customers happy
- Increase profitability of project delivery while keeping customers happy
- Reduce operational costs associated with project delivery by 8%
- Implement cost saving measures
- Identify areas for potential cost savings
- Analyze current operational costs associated with project delivery
- Monitor and adjust cost saving measures as needed
- Reduce project delivery cycle time by 20%
- Increase customer satisfaction ratings on project delivery by 10%
OKRs to be on track for a long-running project
- Be on track to deliver <project> next quarter
- 100% of the core features have been delivered
- Ship <feature 2>
- Ship <feature 1>
- Identify all core features
- Run 20 UX tests session on <project>
- Analyze feedback and identify opportunities
- Create the UX test script
- 50 people are actively using the beta every week
OKRs to significantly improve the timeliness of projects
- Significantly improve the timeliness of projects
- Reduce the number of adjustments by 20%
- Achieve a customer satisfaction score of 90% or higher for timeliness of projects
- Increase the overall on-time project delivery rate to 95%
- Establish clear communication protocols
- Track and monitor progress against timeline
- Identify risks and proactively address any issues
- Implement a project management process
OKRs to prepare a successful product launch
- Be on track for a successful launch of next quarter
- Build a mailing list of 1,0000 people
- Find relevant Facebook and LinkedIn groups
- List on Product Hunt as an upcoming product
- Create landing page with beta signup form
- Share on Reddit, HackerNews, etc...
- Enroll 5 influencers to boost our profile on social media on launch day
- Secure 10 press articles with known publications
- List 25 journalists that could be interested in writing about us
- Create PR kit
OKRs to reduce scope creep on critical projects
- Minimize scope creep on critical projects
- 100% of scope changes are documented and approved by the relevant stakeholders
- Run 3 training session on how to manage scope on long-term projects
- Achieve an 45% reduction in scope creep on critical projects
- Establish clear project objectives and scope before the project begins
- Set expectations with stakeholders and document any changes to scope
- Create a process for stakeholders to submit scope change requests
- Monitor progress regularly to ensure scope is being met
Not seeing what you need?
You can use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your Project Managers OKRs.
The rules of OKRs are simple. Quarterly OKRs should be tracked weekly, and yearly OKRs should be tracked monthly.
We recommend using a spreadsheet for your first OKRs cycle. You'll need to get familiar with the scoring and tracking first. Then, you can scale your OKRs process by using a proper OKRs-tracking tool for it.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.
- To learn: Complete 2022 OKRs guide for Startups
- To implement: Flowing OKRs: 14 rules to simplify OKRs
- Blog posts: ODT Blog
- Success metrics: Success metrics examples