OKRs examples for Engineers
OKRs are quickly gaining popularity as a goal-setting framework. But, it's not always easy to know how to write your goals, especially if it's your first time using OKRs.
To aid you in setting your goals, we have compiled a collection of OKR examples customized for Engineers. Take a look at the templates below for inspiration and guidance.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
How to use these templates?
OKRs without regular progress updates are just KPIs. You'll need to update progress on your OKRs every week to get the full benefits from the framework.
We recommend using a spreadsheet for your first OKRs cycle. You'll need to get familiar with the scoring and tracking first. Then, you can scale your OKRs process by using a proper OKRs-tracking tool for it.
We recommend Tability for an easy way to set and track OKRs with your team.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Engineers OKRs templates
You'll find below a list of Objectives and Key Results for Engineers.
- Enhance Webhooks Experience and Address Technical Debt
- Increase webhook delivery success rate by 10% through optimized error handling
- Enhance webhook monitoring and alerting system to promptly identify and investigate delivery failures
- Improve error response messaging to provide clear instructions for troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Analyze webhook error logs to identify common errors and create specific error handling strategies
- Implement automated retry mechanism to resend failed webhook deliveries in case of temporary errors
- Reduce webhook response time by 20% by streamlining and optimizing the underlying technology
- Reduce technical debt by resolving 50% of identified issues through prioritized backlog refinements
- Implement automated testing for webhooks to ensure compatibility and reduce regression issues
- Integrate the automated testing framework with the existing webhook infrastructure
- Continuously monitor and analyze test results to identify and address any compatibility issues
- Research and select a suitable automated testing framework for webhooks
- Develop a comprehensive test suite for webhooks to cover all possible scenarios
- Significantly improve the user experience through better performance
- Decrease the number of production exceptions by 45%
- Accelerate customer instance cold start time from 2min to 10s
- Reduce API response time from 900ms to 450ms
- Improve NPS from 15 to 35
- Demonstrate incredible standards in code quality
- 100% of pull requests are reviewed by 2 developers
- 75% of the developers have gone through QA training
- 100% of repositories are using code linting and static code analysis
- Reduce the percentage of QA-related broken builds by 60%
- Achieve amazing performance with a world-class infrastructure
- Increase Apdex from 0.7 to 0.98
- Add a CDN in front of resources
- Implement caching wherever possible
- Minify scripts and CSS
- Improve crash free sessions from 75% to 95%
- Reduce core pages load time to be under 3s
- Reduce the number of paged issues by 40%
- Identify and fix top 10 recurring issues
- Accelerate development through automation
- 100% of repos have a Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Use Github Actions/Bitbucket Pipelines to automate deployments on every commit
- Create automated deployment scripts for all repos
- Increase code coverage from 30% to 60%
- Reduce cycle time from 8 days to 8h
- Reduce build time from 20min to 5min
- Audit tests to find areas of improvements
- Split tests to run in parallel when possible
- Tackle technical debt generated by feature rush
- Migrate 80% of projects to new UI library to reduce UI debt
- Reduce percentage of issues tagged as debt by 30%
- Reduce debt-related contact rate by 50%
- Build a world-class infrastructure
- Increase Apdex above 0.95
- Cache requests wherever possible
- Identify and resolve to 5 application bottlenecks
- Reduce build time to be under 5 minutes
- Audit test suite to reduce duplicates
- Switch to a more performing build infrastructure
- Our stress tests show that we can support 10,000 concurrent users
- Significantly increase the speed of our development cycle
- Improve developer NPS from 20 to 60
- Reduce build times from 25 to under 5 mins
- Reduce cycle time from 28 days to 6 days
- Implement CD pipeline for the staging environment
- Automate all deployment steps
Need more OKR examples?
Option 1: Use AI to generate OKRs
Try our OKRs generator, or use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
Option 2: Check out other examples
We have more templates to help you draft your team goals and OKRs.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.