OKRs examples for CTO
Formulating strong OKRs can be a complex endeavor, particularly for first-timers. Prioritizing outcomes over projects is crucial when developing your plans.
We've tailored a list of OKRs examples for CTO to help you. You can look at any of the templates below to get some inspiration for your own goals.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
How to use these templates?
OKRs without regular progress updates are just KPIs. You'll need to update progress on your OKRs every week to get the full benefits from the framework.
Spreadsheets are enough to get started. Then, once you need to scale you can use a proper OKRs-tracking platform to make things easier.
We recommend Tability for an easy way to set and track OKRs with your team.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
CTO OKRs templates
You'll find below a list of Objectives and Key Results for CTO.
- Provide amazing Developer Experience (DX) by improving dev speed
- 90% of products have a standardized Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Reduce average build time from 20 minutes to 2 minutes
- Reduce release cycle time from 12 days to 3 days
- Build an amazing incident management process
- Reduce the number of regressions by 60%
- Increase the size of the incident response team from 2 to 6 people
- Reduce the MTTR from 3h to 60 minutes
- Have a world class DR process
- Increase the number of DR tests from 1 to 3 per quarter
- Reduce recovery period from 24h to 12h
- Reduce recovery point objective from 12 business hours to 4 business hours
- Accelerate development through automation
- 100% of repos have a Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Use Github Actions/Bitbucket Pipelines to automate deployments on every commit
- Create automated deployment scripts for all repos
- Increase code coverage from 30% to 60%
- Reduce cycle time from 8 days to 8h
- Reduce build time from 20min to 5min
- Audit tests to find areas of improvements
- Split tests to run in parallel when possible
- Increase the velocity of our releases through automation
- Increase production deployments from 1/week to 4/week
- Create deployment pipeline on Github
- Automate deployment scripts
- Reduce build time from 20mins to 5mins
- Review test suites and cut expensive tests
- Enable parallel builds
- Reduce the mean lead time for changes from 8 days to 72h
- Set up dedicate code review time to accelerate PR reviews
- 100% of our services have a Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Reduce significantly the technical debt in our platform
- Dedicated 20% of our sprint effort to tackling technical debt
- Close 40 issues tagged as technical debt
- Boost application performance by 40% as a result of the debt culling
Need more OKR examples?
Option 1: Use AI to generate OKRs
Try our OKRs generator, or use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
Option 2: Check out other examples
We have more templates to help you draft your team goals and OKRs.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.