Writing good OKRs can be hard, especially if it's your first time doing it. You'll need to center the focus of your plans around outcomes instead of projects.
We have a collection of OKRs examples for Talent to give you some inspiration. You can use any of the templates below as a starting point for your OKRs.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
Examples of OKRs for Talent
We've added Talent Objectives and Key Results, but also the initiatives that relate to the OKRs.
You'll find 2 OKRs examples for Talent below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
OKRs to improve talent acquisition
- Increase the quality of talent acquisition
- Reduce the time to hire (measured in days) by 20%
- Implement a more efficient screening process.
- Create an online application system.
- Streamline the interview process.
- Automate onboarding and paperwork.
- Increase the number of qualified applicants by 30%
- Reach out to potential candidates via LinkedIn.
- Create an attractive job posting.
- Advertise the job opening in multiple online channels.
- Host a career fair to increase visibility.
- Increase the diversity of hires (measured by gender, ethnicity and nationality) by 15%
- Develop a comprehensive diversity and inclusion policy.
- Create a targeted recruitment campaign to attract diverse candidates.
- Increase the presence of the company in diverse job fairs.
- Implement an effective onboarding process for new hires.
- Increase the quality of hires (measured by hire performance ratings) by 10%
- Track and review performance ratings for current hires.
- Implement a structured onboarding process.
- Develop a comprehensive assessment process for potential hires.
- Create a job description that accurately reflects the position requirements.
OKRs to boost talent retention
- Increase Employee Retention
- Create an employee recognition program
- Select a method of recognizing employees who meet the criteria.
- Set goals and criteria for employee recognition.
- Identify a reward system for employees who meet the criteria.
- Create a system for tracking employee recognition.
- Increase employee retention rate by 15%
- Create an engaging work environment.
- Develop a competitive benefits package.
- Establish a career growth plan.
- Implement regular performance reviews.
- Increase employee satisfaction ratings by 25%
- Create a list of actionable items to improve employee satisfaction.
- Monitor employee satisfaction ratings and make adjustments as needed.
- Survey employees to gain insight into their satisfaction levels.
- Implement a system to track employee satisfaction ratings.
Not seeing what you need?
You can use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your Talent OKRs.
Quarterly OKRs should have weekly updates to get all the benefits from the framework.
We recommend using a spreadsheet for your first OKRs cycle. You'll need to get familiar with the scoring and tracking first. Then, you can scale your OKRs process by using a proper OKRs-tracking tool for it.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.
- To learn: Complete 2022 OKRs guide for Startups
- To implement: Flowing OKRs: 14 rules to simplify OKRs
- Blog posts: ODT Blog
- Success metrics: Success metrics examples