Design Systems OKRs
Crafting effective OKRs can be challenging, particularly for beginners. Emphasizing outcomes rather than projects should be the core of your planning.
We have a collection of OKRs examples for Design Systems to give you some inspiration. You can use any of the templates below as a starting point for your OKRs.
If you want to learn more about the framework, you can read more about the meaning of OKRs online.
Examples of OKRs for Design Systems
We've added Design Systems Objectives and Key Results, but also the initiatives that relate to the OKRs.
You'll find 3 OKRs examples for Design Systems below, and some extra tips to write better quarterly plans at the end.
OKRs to achieve product consistency with our design system
- Ensure product consistency with our design system.
- Close 50% of all design inconsistency tickets
- 90% of our products are following the design system guidelines
- Establish a process for quickly and accurately identifying violations of design system guidelines
- Develop a system of rewards and recognition for those who adhere to design system guidelines
- Create an audit process to track adherence to design system guidelines
- Establish a comprehensive style guide that covers 100% of common components used by products
- Create a comprehensive list of all common components used by products
- Test the style guide against each component
- Develop a unified style guide for each component
- Implement the style guide into all products
OKRs to scale development with a design system
- Every team can build interfaces autonomously
- 80% of the teams are using the UI library to build new features
- Release UI kit MVP
- The Design System covers 100% of common UI components
- List required components
- Build library of components
OKRs to streamline graphic design processes
- Develop a self-serve graphic assets library for internal use
- Decrease the number of one-off design tickets by 50%
- Make our entire brand guideline available
- Design a useable Keynote template and share
- Make brand colors accessible on our internal wiki
- Develop 12 templates Marketing can reuse to build targeted ads
- Build a knowledge base and roll out graphics library
- Run 3 workshops with other teams explaining new library and how to work with designers
- Create 2 knowledge base pages per week teaching team members how to work with our team
Not seeing what you need?
You can use a goal-setting AI to generate great OKRs for you based on a description of your objectives.
How to track your OKRs?
It's important to establish a cadence of check-ins for your Design Systems OKRs.
Quarterly OKRs should have weekly updates to get all the benefits from the framework.
Spreadsheets are enough to get started. Then, once you need to scale you can use a proper OKRs-tracking platform to make things easier.
Check out the 5 best OKR tracking templates to find the best way to monitor progress during the quarter.
Here are a list of resources to help you adopt the Objectives and Key Results framework.
- To learn: Complete 2022 OKRs guide for Startups
- To implement: Flowing OKRs: 14 rules to simplify OKRs
- Blog posts: ODT Blog
- Success metrics: Success metrics examples